BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

3D View with mouse only ca. 3 FPS.......

Andreas81ch
Booster

Hi there, on macOS since x ArchiCAD versions on the 3D view (Street view with mouse and WASD) it's sometimes very smooth and then ca. 3 FPS.... very very slow..... on the same plan with the newest Mac Hardware.......

When I go with "Orbit" there I have no problems, all is smooth.... but when I go to 3D round view, then it's very very slow and s***** to work! And I always work with that feature..... (on Windows version, I had NEVER those problems..... only with macOS !!!!!!!!!!)

Where are the mistakes? What can I do? Please help!

ArchiCAD v6.5 - 27 / macOS / Windows
Switzerland (Schweiz)
5 REPLIES 5
Andreas81ch
Booster

Any ideas?.... 

AC_3D-view_Orbit-Streetview.png

Switzerland (Schweiz)
Andreas81ch
Booster

Hi there, the problem is crazy....

When it's morning ca. 9 am it's fine, and in the afternoon ca. 3 pm its worse.....

Switzerland (Schweiz)
Lingwisyer
Guru

The file works fine in the morning but in the afternoon it's sluggish? Sounds like a temp file issue. Though only the Walk Mode... Is your AC up to date? I recall there being a bug when AC27 was first released in where it would keep filling the temp folder till it ran out of space... Though by your signature, you are on 26? Is that still correct?

Does restarting AC help?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Hi Lingwisyer,

The file is a Teamwork project with AC 26 newest version. Orbit is ok, but Walk Mode doesn't work well.........

I have this problem with all AC versions... 24, 25....  only with macOS..... at work...... (Test with Windows never had this problem).......

What's about "temp file issue" ?

Switzerland (Schweiz)
Andreas81ch
Booster

Hi there, I have still this problem ;-(.

I don't think its the temp file problem, because on ORBIT mode with arrow up, down, left, right and space goes well.....

but every time with 3D view mode I have the FPS performance problem..... I used over 10 different mouses, every mouse had this problem...

The mouse I actually use is Corsair Sabre Pro Gaming Mouse, with some DPI settings,..... mousepad is well too......

I have no more ideas what could it be....

Switzerland (Schweiz)
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!