BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Camera and camera path settings bug

Laurentiu C
Booster

So I started using cameras more because they are quite useful with BIMx presentations but it seems there are some glitches with the camera settings.

I think I may have encountered a bug when trying to edit Camera Paths and Cameras Sun Positions.

Here's what I did.

1. Entered a 3D perspective view and "Put a camera into a path". -> this creates a new path with a camera. Created two more cameras to have a more clear path.

2. Tried to adjust the sun position of the whole path by selecting the path and opening the settings of the path on the navigator palette. A Camera Settings menu appears, with the camera number 0, meaning that the whole path should be changed.

3. Changing the sun position settings and clicking "Apply"

4. Nothing happens.

Ok so I tried another way. I selected all 3 cameras from the project map, and clicking settings again. Same menu appears, with a 0 camera number and still unable to change the sun position.

This behaviour is the same regardless if I have a 2D or 3D window opened.

So the only way it seems to work is to:

1. Go in a floor plan view, select the camera tool and CTRL A to select all cameras.

2. CTRL T to bring up the settings. The exact same Camera settings menu with 0 camera number appears.

3. I change the sun position and hit apply.

4. Go back to 3D and it works.

While fiddling with the settings I also found that if I open the camera settings from the navigator sometimes it randomly disappears. If I click the settings button again it won't do anything.

The menu will only appear if I go back to a floor plan view.

Here's a video of me doing what I just described. https://streamable.com/bciasx

My expectation is that the settings should have changed regardless of how I select the cameras/path.

Is this behaviour expected or is this a bug?

If it helps in any way, I'm using AC 26 on Windows 11 .

Laurentiu | Architect | exstudio
AC 17-27 INT
Work | Laptop | HP ZBook Fury 15.6 G8 | Win11 22H2 | i9-11900H / RTX A4000 / 32GB
Personal | PC | Win10 | i7-6700K / GTX 1070 / 32 GB
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!