BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

How do I use my own textures?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hallo!

I have never gotten the hand of using textures. Is it possible draw a texture for a specific side of the house and apply it? and if so how?

I use artlantis to render, should I somehow apply textures there or in archicad?

Thanks for any help.
2 REPLIES 2
Dwight
Newcomer
The idea of making a texture for "sides" of a structure is not how it is done - you need to model the separate parts of the building. You assign material names to elements in the Archicad model.

Certainly the export file will take any texture image found in the assigned Archicad material over to Artlantis, but you will probably use a better material found in the Artlantis Catalog, or by applying material collections in Artlantis postcards.

It is fairly easy to make a reference file to automatically substitute the better Artlantis materials for named Archicad materials.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
And you make your own materials with photographic images that are simply imported into either Archicad or Artlantis.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!