BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Insert text into 3d window animation/ flythrough

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just made a movie of one of our projects (viewable through quicktime Pro) and I want to insert our company name and logo at the bottom of the screen throughout the entire presentation. Is there a setting I can use within archicad to do this - I've tried inserting it into quicktime, but the font editing/formatting capabilities are quite limited.

It is a 3d window rendering, rather than a photorendering.
thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi. You will need a video editing program for that.
Anonymous
Not applicable
syber wrote:
hi. You will need a video editing program for that.
To expand on that...

In a graphics programe, you need to make a new file the same pixel size as your animation frames. Make sure it has a transparent background.

Add your text/logo/whatever.

Save the file to something that supprots alpha layers (tiff, psd, png etc...)

Quicktime Pro will let you overlay an image file on your animation. Go to page 35 of the user guide which is here:
http://images.apple.com/quicktime/pdf/QuickTime7_User_Guide.pdf

Also, you can do this in Archicad (I think). Go to the lightworks rendering settings, and under the Lightworks Environment menu find 'Foreground'. From the Foreground menu find the 'Scaled Image' option, and then fill in the blanks on the right hand side. (See Attachment).

I haven't actually done this before, so not sure how well it works.
lightworks settings.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Trying to get Tom's suggestion of using the foreground option to place a logo on a rendering (for a movie so photoshopping each frame is out). Has anyone had success with this? We can't get the settings right to get the logo to display without it's background affecting the image, or using a small image without it stretching over the whole image.

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
What sort of image are you placing on the foreground? It should be something that supports transparency like a tiff or a png.
As for locating the image in the right spot - you need to make an image the full size of the finished movie. That sounds vague. here's a quick explanation, someone might be able to elaborate on it.

For example - if your movie is 768x576px then in photoshop make a new blank file that is 768x576 in size. place your logo or image or whatever in the correct spot and then save out as a tiff (make sure when you save that you select the option to save transparency in the 'save as' window.)

When it's not friday night any more i'll come back and try to explain better.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Olivia wrote:
I've just made a movie of one of our projects (viewable through quicktime Pro) and I want to insert our company name and logo at the bottom of the screen throughout the entire presentation.
The easiest way is to paste the logo in using Quicktime Pro. Simply copy your logo, open the movie in Quicktime Pro, and use "Edit/Add to Selection & Scale". You can enable transparency in the logo and position it using the "Properties" window - show that by selecting "Window/Show Movie Properties". Your logo will probably be the last video track in the list. Click on it, select the "Visual Settings" tab, use the "Transparency" popup menu to select the transparency method, and position/size the logo using the offset/size fields (you can also flip/rotate logo using the appropriate buttons). Then save and you're done.

You can find out more about Quicktime Pro at http://www.apple.com/quicktime/pro/
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom wrote:
What sort of image are you placing on the foreground? It should be something that supports transparency like a tiff or a png.
As for locating the image in the right spot - you need to make an image the full size of the finished movie. That sounds vague. here's a quick explanation, someone might be able to elaborate on it.

For example - if your movie is 768x576px then in photoshop make a new blank file that is 768x576 in size. place your logo or image or whatever in the correct spot and then save out as a tiff (make sure when you save that you select the option to save transparency in the 'save as' window.)

When it's not friday night any more i'll come back and try to explain better.
Hi Tom

We're just wanting our company logo in the bottom left hand corner. We tried a TIFF image but possibly had not set it up correctly as far as transparency goes. Overall image size is the same as the output image. We will try again.

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
hmmm. i just had a play following my own instructions and can't get it to work either. I'm sure I had it working ages ago, but that was another office in another country, so I can't check the file....

Sorry.

As you are on a Mac, you'll probably have iMovie - have you tried using that? Here's a link to read: http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20080104184141611
Anonymous
Not applicable
My colleague is going to try the iMovie solution. Very annoying. Thanks for your help.

FWIW I tried saving back to AC10 too, and no luck there either.

Anyone else had any success using the Foreground method? Or is this another feature GS have "fixed"?
Eduardo Rolon
You are missing the Alpha channel.
After pasting your logo in Quicktime over the Movie per page 36 of the Manual.
Make Sure that you have a B/W Tiff of the Logo with Black being what is transparent.
Then in Quicktime

Choose Window-> Show Movie Properties
Select the Video track for the Logo (usually the bottom one)
Select Visual Settings
Under Mask select "Choose"
look for the B/W file
play with transparency Button if you want.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!