BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Missing background fill in Photoshop CS:

Scott Bulmer
Booster
I hope this is the correct forum for this. We need to make a printed presentation using Photoshop CS. An EPS file is published from PM9. The image has fills using colors for the fore and background. When opened in Photoshop CS, everything appears fine with the exception of the background colors that have become white. Whatta..whatta..whatta? Please refer to the attached images. Thank you.

Image-in-Photoshop-CS-4.jpg
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
4 REPLIES 4
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Attached is the image as it appears in PM9.
Image-in-PM-2.jpg
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Anonymous
Not applicable
A few things i can think of:

1. Very often these problems have to do with the display option settings ie Vectorial hatching or bitmap etc. Play with those setting and see if it will make a difference.
2. Why not export it as a PDF or JPG? Also, depending on what resolution you need what about cheating and using print screen and pasting it into photoshop?
3. Maybe try publishing it from plotmaker?

Good luck
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Patric, Thank you so much. The images were originally published from PM9 and I double checked the display output fill settings (good idea), and JPG is too low of quality, BUT I didn't realize that CS can open/rasterize a PDF file. Until now we've had been using EPS, but the PDF rout seems to work better (EPS still seems to have an issue wth this)! Excellent job.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, Photoshop started supporting Vectors I from Version 7 I think...

I am glad I could help.
Learn and get certified!