BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Please Criticize i will learn from it Post 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
These are my first attempts at a rendering after many hrs playing with different textures & light between 3D & Lightworks Render windows (Totaly Confusing Differences between the views in the Windows) the tiles on the walls in the bathroom are supposed to be White which if i introduce more light intensity washes out everything as in the Kitchen Post 2. The client would like white everywhere. If i do all white i might as well render the screen it seems.

Bathroom1 copy.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
These are my first attempts at a rendering after many hrs playing with different textures & light between 3D & Lightworks Render windows (Totaly Confusing Differences between the views in the Windows) the tiles on the walls in the bathroom Post 1 are supposed to be White which if i introduce more light intensity washes out everything as in the Kitchen. The client would like white everywhere. If i do all white i might as well render the screen it seems.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Martin. First of all check if you are using lightworks engine for rendering. What you've post looks for me like "Internal Engine" renderings. Than when you edit your materials be sure to update it every time in lightworks' material setting, than if needed continue to tweak using LW settings or you can use some of existing LW shaders using "Load Settings from Archives" button. See attached pics. Greetings

P.S.: For interiors I use 55-60 deg. camera angle which is more likely how we see it real.
Dwight
Newcomer
When rendering white: Don't.

Render light grey instead. Then you have some room to let the white have some highlights in the iimage without washing out.

Like when you guest host on Leno they give you a grey shirt and it looks white during your monologue on the screen.

Bes sure to use a combination of slightly yellow and slightly blue light color to give the light surfaces some dynamic effects to work with.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Martin,

I agree with Tigr on rendering engine and other comments - try those and give us feed back and post your images again.

At the same time you may wish to get extra textures/materials for LW which will make your renders better and realistic. Download free textures from Lightworks-user.com site (makers of Lightworks).

Waiting for your improved scenes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the feedback here is the latest bathroom Pic getting better
Thanks also to Eelko to who sorted a Problem for me
Can someone please explain where to put or how to install the .lwo .lwa files from Lightworks into Archicad
Anonymous
Not applicable
C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 9\Add-Ons\Visualisation\smdata\archives

good luck
Learn and get certified!