BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Please Critique

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please critique the lightworks rendering. In some cases there is a little photoshop touch-up.

There will be other renders following.

The first is a photo montage
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
Plan with overlayed Roof Plan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Internal Perspective
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sectional Perspective
Dwight
Newcomer
The drama and beauty of this project overwhelm me.
The scene, the flowing beauty of the roofs. Ooo, baby.
There is hope for Archicad, yet.

Is this a real project? If so, the bile of envy rises in my throat. Where is it?

You've controlled the shadow depth with great realism.

Here's my critique of your panoramic montage, presenting two common issues found when merging renderings and photos:

1: the photo has film grain (or digital noise) while the model seems perfect and smooth. This makes the model look too good and it sticks out. (Not that, seeing this building in reality, it would go un-noticed) Add 3% gaussian monochromatic noise to your model image layer in Photoshop. If the light color matched better between rendering and photo, this would be less important, but the larger you get, the more obvious this smoothness difference becomes.

2: In a scene saturated with golden, late afternoon sun, i feel that the light falling on the building is too white. It looks too clean and cold. A quick gradient burn can fix this. It is hard to be sure because, unlike urban scenes, there's no reference white areas available in the photo.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight,

Thank you, I am flattered.

Fantastic critique of the montage. Although this is the result of many montages, you have still managed to find a useful critique to better the image.

I am a big fan of your comments and I would like to purchase your book. I think you have a lot that you could teach me. How do I get my hands on one? and are you updating the book to contain AC10 information? If so, should I waite?
Is this a real project?
I only wish. This is a University project. It is based on a real project with a little tweaking and no budget of course. I would love to see the day Australia builds such a building. Hopefully in my life-time.
Where is it?
Anna Bay in the Port Stephens region of NSW, Australia. The site is at the Northern end of the largest mobile sand mass on the Eastern Coast of Australia. You can probably see the influence of the sand dunes in the design.
Dwight
Newcomer
I understand your frustration since jealous Graphisoft Australia does not handle this important Archicad book. However, their lack of support hasn't stopped me from having hundreds of sales in Australia and doing a country-wide seminar tour they said would not succeed. But that is how it goes in the vast down-under. Can you say "feifdom?"

I provide ordering instructions in my Archicad TALK posting signature. If you need another alternative, please PM me. The book can be there in just days since it will be dispatched from Sydney.

A supplement for Archicad 10 is included with your purchase, altho it is an electronic download.

Seasons greetings to all down under since you get Christmas first. How DO you stuff your christmas dinner prawn?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Scooter:

Amazing work and design!!!!.

I'll be honored if you let me render your proyect with Artlantis, i think your beautiful design and the quality of artlantis will give an amazing result.

If you like send me your model in archicad or in artlantis format.

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful design.

Arq. Nicolas Rivera.
fhedberg
Contributor
Hey, Scooter

I saw your presentation at the exhibition here in Newcastle...you should post the full presentation layout...looked great!

Well done....!
W11 Home | ArchiCAD 27 3001 AUS FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
beatiful design! I find with spaces like your interior perspectives don't really convey how it would be perceived, your sectional perspective is a far better representation. if it was my project I would avoid showing narrow view interior perspectives and stick with sectional perspectives, they describe the space as opposed to merely taking a photograph from inside the space..
Learn and get certified!