BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
These are VERY impressive!
Anonymous
Not applicable
C4D is impossible... the Learning Curve out weighs it's usefulness... i bought it... and started using it and after 2 weeks i decided to send it back.... Archicad Lightworks produced slightly less quality results but took well no time at all in comparisom... thankgod i got my money back.
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes i see that both of you are right. especially from my place that cannot start using C4D since i dont know how. but still those renderings is this true that you can do them with LW and archicad, losing a little of your quality.?i mean all those special objects and the metal curved things in the airport photo, are all these possible with archicad? i just need to spend more time building objects from scratch? or you find them somewhere?
jdk wrote:
Ok, that's it! Cinema4D is going to be one.

Bob
One what?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Dwight
Newcomer
dbroughton wrote:
C4D is impossible... the Learning Curve out weighs it's usefulness... i bought it... and started using it and after 2 weeks i decided to send it back.... Archicad Lightworks produced slightly less quality results but took well no time at all in comparisom... thankgod i got my money back.
This is a realistic person.

I have said this before, but every time someone starts complaining about LW (in Archicad) and thinks the grass is greener, it is: Artlantis. Price and beauty combined.

Artlantis is a close to "automatic" as it gets. You can stall the motor, but you can't grind the gears.

Those other, better applications like Cinema are hard to master. AND not even master - just function with. It is a BIG investment.

BIG

You must ask yourself if you are an architect or an illustrator.

If you really are a frustrated artist, maybe it is time for a career change. There's lots of great stuff to do, but if your skill is in assembling buildings, the skill sets aren't compatible. And with the proliferation of third world illustration services, the extra money thing is evaporating unless your work is superb.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
... just a thought, as I have not managed to put my hands on c4d's plugin for archicad. --- The greatest difficulty in proper rendering is the light. Bad light turns out in, for example, objects that look as if they were flying, or textures that are not realistic. As a consequence, much work goes into it, for each object in the scene. This means long hours doing art, rather than architecture. The cause of much pain for us is, that the rendering engines were not meant for architectural rendering only. The point I want to make is that a proper plugin for archicad should be able to do all of the work for us. A detailed architectural design has enough information about objects, textures and light to automatically instruct each object in the scene for the rendering engine. This is not yet the case, as anyone can experience, but mine is a plea in favour of change. The gap is huge between any example of proper rendering and what you get by default, unless you start instructing the render by hand, changing objects, textures, and setting the light for each object, and and and.... If Archicad would only go the extra mile, with a proper interface for any rendering engine, the render should be able to do its job to perfection, with no need to turn architects into digital painters.
Dwight
Newcomer
The process COULD be automatic but it isn't.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
A tutorial on c4d, from the author of the egg-shaped sofa.
The work took only ... a few weeks!

http://www.3dtotal.com/team/tutorials/tagdanach/tagdanach1.asp
Anonymous
Not applicable
jdk wrote:
... a few weeks!
few weeks ah? cant he send it to me ??!?!!?!?
Learn and get certified!