BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Published renderinings randomly change zoom?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have only recently discovered the option to save 3D views and publish them with publisher. It is saving my life in the project I am currently working on.

Or it would be, except for a small fact that I cannot seem to get consistent results.

First two sets of renderings I did were were with one zoom. The third and fourth with a different one. And now when I did a few test publishing jobs, I seem to get altering results every other time.

The thing is, I need to have the renderings side by side, or even overlayed to show some changes, and with the zoom constantly changing, it is really making my work difficult.

As I said, I'm new to publishing, so there might be a setting I am just not aware of. But the saved camera views have been set in stone for days now, and I have not changed them. All I did was changed weather they should generate in the 3D window or in with the rendering engine. I cannot imagine that that is the problem.

I'm just baffled as to how I can do a rendering of a saved 3D view from the publisher and get one zoom, and then 15 minutes later do another one and get a slightly zoomed out version of the very same saved 3D view.

I do not care if the published renderings don't correspond to the saved 3D views 100%, if only all the renderings would be different in a consistent way.

I'd really appreciate any input on the subject.

Final note: I'm working in AC12.

EDIT:
*a head banging smiley*
I figured it out. And it is indeed not ArchiCad's fault, but my own.
I had my AC window resized differently. Which in turn was sizing the window in which the saved 3D view was being regenerated differently, which was actually making the renderings appear to have a different zoom. I cannot believe I forgot something so fundamental.

My apologies to have bothered everybody.

I need another coffee. Or some sleep for a change.
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!