BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Section Cut Rendering

Hobbesnb
Booster
Is there a way to set a camera so i can create a rendered 3d section without having to cut my model in half?
Scott Graham, AIA LEED BD+C

Principal | BIM Manager

Muhlenberg Greene Architects, Ltd.

Wyomissing, PA 19610

V6.5-26.0
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein
Hobbesnb wrote:
Is there a way to set a camera so i can create a rendered 3d section without having to cut my model in half?
Easy in Artlantis - parallel views render a cut model (cut anywhere) without actually cutting it and give shadows/light as if the model were intact.

In ArchiCAD itself, you have no choice but to cut the model and do an axo rendering, face-on. The result will not be the same because sunlight will pour into your model, but it may be OK for your needs.

Note that the cutting planes and marquee are memorized as part of a view. You don't really 'cut' the model, as enable the cutting planes and marquee to limit what is displayed in 3D.

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
Hobbesnb wrote:
Use:

1. Marquee
2. Cutting plane
3. Use section tool in 3D from Special menu

Camera/parallel view of your choice, output too.

1. and 2. do get remembered by the saved view. Have not tried 3. in 9 yet - it did not get remembered by the saved view in 8.x - so if anyone did, please tell.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Learn and get certified!