BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Copy and Paste in 3D

Karl Ottenstein
We need the ability to copy elements from the 3D window of one running AC session and paste them into the 3D window of another running session.

Since I'm talking about two sessions (two files), I'm putting this wish in the Cooperation Wishes forum, rather than User Interface. 😉

I managed to delete some elements in my model (first time, knock on wood) and could see them clearly in 3D in an old file. Without wanting to figure out which stories these elements were on, I wanted to just select them in the 3D window, copy, and paste them into the 3D window of the screwed-up model. No go.

It is surprising that we do not have this ability to copy from 3D via clipboard since we can do it from plan. [We do have the ability within the 3D window to drag copies of existing elements by tapping Ctrl/Command during the drag.]

So, how about it: copy/paste from/to 3D window anyone? 😉

The corollary wish is for save-selection-as-module (and merge) to work in 3D.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
14 years later and still nothing I'd be interested to know the technical imitations of implementing this - I suspect it indeed is the issue of storeys. This surely could be fixed with a prompt asking you which home storey you want to assign the copied object to when copying from one file to another in 3D.
sdeisher
Contributor

Checking back in on this, just found out this wasn't possible and am struggling to find a reasonable workaround for my specific use case.

2023 M2 Max Macbook Pro
Ventura 13.4
ArchiCAD 27
Mjules
Mentor

I wish I could see this feature in ArchiCAD before that of the artificial intelligence. It would be a very useful tool for architectural practice.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
Learn and get certified!