BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Dimensions: Zone anchor for individual texts

Aurasphere
Advocate

One of the most labourious jobs is labelling dimensions in floor plan despite a multitude of GDL aids etc...just too cumbersome

What would really help is to be able to toggle an option both globally on the entire dimension element as well as individual texts

So you would create a dimension string on floorplan as normal

Aurasphere_2-1710464315809.png

When the creation is complete, if the option for 'auto label zones' is on, then a cross hair (red + above) would appear above (or below) the dimension text. The cross hair would be the same as the type of function as zone cross hair

Aurasphere_1-1710464255362.png

If the hair is unmoved, the normal current dimension behaviour would occur

BUT

If the cross hair is dragged to a zone, the name of the zone would auto be placed into the dimension string according to the specified placement

Aurasphere_4-1710464579112.png

Additionally, any dimensions linked to geometry eg door/window should also allow the inclusion of the opening information eg ID 

BEHAVIOUR CONSTRAINTS:

1. If the dimension strings are moved, the anchors should retain their position
  2. A reset button should be available to return to default
  3. An on/off state for viewsets should be available so that terse/verbose labeling options are available as viewset dependent

Mark Wesse
AC26 | Win10 | Since v6.5r
Architerion - Architectural Systems Developer
Aurasphere - Acoustics
Building Biology - Human Compatible Architecture
"--- Every time...do it better ---"

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

I will vote for this one.

It would be great to have a node or hotspot associated to the text dimension (second line custom text), that could display the zone name when dragged into that zone.

I created a separate text object that does exactly that, but would be so much better if associated to the dimension text itself.

BarryKelly_0-1710465444668.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I had made one as well, one of the new guys also had a (4d?) object I think...but its all just a prototype of what should be part of the system...still very clumsy and not always easy to keep live

an associative anchor would be cool too ie like the label tool ie as part of the dim text info

Auto texts should also be available to streamline the workflow

Thanks @Barry Kelly 

Mark Wesse
AC26 | Win10 | Since v6.5r
Architerion - Architectural Systems Developer
Aurasphere - Acoustics
Building Biology - Human Compatible Architecture
"--- Every time...do it better ---"

Learn and get certified!