BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Drawings in a drawing index should be hyperlinked to the sheets when pdf is published

gdford
Advisor

It would be smart if archicad would create a hyperlink on the drawings titles in a drawing index when the sheet set is published to PDF like it does with markers.

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
3 REPLIES 3
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

i could see this being very useful, although playing devil's advocate -- keeping those Drawing Index links active despite newer revisions overriding the old links is going to be tricky. unless a full set of drawings is always going to be sent out, the moment you publish a single drawing with a newer revision, one of the Drawing Index links would stop working.

we rarely send out the cover page which houses the Drawing Index. this only gets sent out during keystone stages (DA, Design Dev, Tender, for Construction, As Builts). and even then, we publish individual PDFs which i'm guessing will be tricky when clicking a link in one PDF to open a second file, even within the same folder. that's before you send out those PDFs to consultants/builders who will have a totally different folder structure to what you published to. i could be wrong, but i don't think i've ever clicked a link in a PDF to open a second separate one.

i'm guessing this'll be more beneficial for internal use.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

You are correct - if you don't republish the entire set then slipping in new sheets will break the links. I suppose you could repair the links using Bluebeam, but I have never tried, and even then, you would have to send out the whole set if for some reason you still send out sets. We require consultants to be part of our sharepoint team and we do not email out drawings. Everyone goes to the sharepoint folder to find the current drawing... If they download it then it is their responsibly to make sure they are using the current drawing... I have stopped sending drawings by email as everyone on the receiving ends seems to be never using the most current version. I no longer keep track of which version people have... The most current version is always in one folder in sharepoint. Everyone gets a notification when sharepoint is updated. You can do the same thing with bluebeam studio. Life is too short to babysit 30 people - I wonder if it is possible to get the last sheet published date in the drawing index??

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000

This would be very nice. I would extrapolate to all linked markers

Learn and get certified!