Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

RECTANGULAR MESH

Anonymous
Not applicable
An rectangular mesh like a slab in plan and like a wall in elevation with 3d hotspot nodes but more easy editable in elevation than actual free mesh . The main diferrence with free archicad meshes is to work more easy in vertical like a SEO group of elements to have a clean 3d and 2d sections for complex elements and to have the ability to have some rectangular constraints like a slab or a wall .
Today i can do it with solid element operations but i like to have like a new type of mesh tool.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
archibaldo wrote:
An rectangular mesh like a slab in plan and like a wall in elevation with 3d hotspot nodes but more easy editable in elevation than actual free mesh . The main diferrence with free archicad meshes is to work more easy in vertical like a SEO group of elements to have a clean 3d and 2d sections for complex elements and to have the ability to have some rectangular constraints like a slab or a wall .
Today i can do it with solid element operations but i like to have like a new type of mesh tool.
Are you referring to the limitation that at the moment there is not possible to have two mesh point at the same location with different height values? If so then I vote for essential!
Anonymous
Not applicable
NOT ONLY. in section -elevation i want to manipulate the subpolygons (subpolyedre ) like separate walls ( ofsett ... height )
The actual main handicap for mesh is his manipulation capabilities in elevation . You cannot use for example to build a complex rectangular 3d concrete element. In In GDL mesh has no such limitation but as construction element seems to be only for landscape purpose.
Anonymous
Not applicable
archibaldo wrote:
NOT ONLY. in section -elevation i want to manipulate the subpolygons (subpolyedre ) like separate walls ( ofsett ... height )
The actual main handicap for mesh is his manipulation capabilities in elevation . You cannot use for example to build a complex rectangular 3d concrete element. In In GDL mesh has no such limitation but as construction element seems to be only for landscape purpose.
I see. Your problem inspired me to make a separate topic about what mesh tool could be, I hope you don't mind? I ain't sure if these developments would entirely solve the difficulties you pointed out. Personally I use 3D window for modeling in 3D but I'm aware of limitations in elevations/sections.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=21545