BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

overturned sections

alemanda
Advocate
Is it now possible to place a section in the plan?
I hope in this future ability. I think it as an enhancement of the actual SECTION TOOL with the ability to represent the section directly in the plan ...
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
6 REPLIES 6
Erika Epstein
Booster
Why would you want to do this?

On a layout sheet you can place a plan drawing and a section if you want them to print one one sheet.

In the plan window you can have a section show as trace reference.

Use the marquee in the section window to copy and paste the section into another window. This automatically turns the copy into 2D elements

Or are you trying to emulate 2D drafting?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
alemanda
Advocate
I'm using Archicad to draw the formworks for RC structures.
It would be very useful to have the ability to represent overturned section directly in plan to show differences of levels across a beam or a wall ... Here in Italy it's common this kind of representation.
Ok. In the layout sheet it is possible but it's quite difficult to control ...
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Erika Epstein
Booster
An aside, sometimes CAD programs can be an opportunity to rethink how we have been presenting work.

That said, now that I understand what you are trying to accomplish keep in mind that the successful solution will keep all views of the model section and plan live.

What about the solution where you overlay the two drawings, plan and section, but in the layout book on a layout sheet? You can rotate the section drawing on the layout sheet.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Karl Ottenstein
Erika wrote:
What about the solution where you overlay the two drawings, plan and section, but in the layout book on a layout sheet? You can rotate the section drawing on the layout sheet.
...and if you need to reference the section while working on the plan, just set the section view to be the trace reference for the corresponding plan view...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
alemanda
Advocate
I want always alive drawings. That's why I need a tool to represent live sections directly in plan. For very small sections this tool would be a "blessing" (!) and give the user the chance to produce very clear drawings without too many reference to other drawings in other sheets ...
Win 10 Pro 64bit
www.almadw.it
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can also take the Floor Plan Window and the Section Window and show them side by side in the ArchiCAD Window. This way you can move from one to the other with one click. Also show one as Trace Reference in the other, as Karl suggested.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!