BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

curtain wall problem again

Anonymous
Not applicable
do you think curtain wall tool in archicad 12 is limited?

how can i create a curtain wall like this?

what is the best method?
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
whatever wrote:
the example is not that complicated ..no need to do it manually ...

place first curved CW no frames ( turn off boundry and mullions ) just transoms rotated... then just copy the same CW and change the angle ... quite easy ..unfortunately i am on vacation so don't have my computer around .. i helped a client with a structure similar to that ... i will just re-create it and post it when possible

still think that this tool needs alot of work from both GS ( on the tool it self and to show people possible ways of using it ) and from users side to help other users to think in a different way about this tool.

.... i guess
THX!!!

I USE YOUR METHOD
THERE ARE ACTUALLY 2 CW
BUT ONE IS MIRROR AND THE GLASS PANEL MAKE TO BE 0 THICKNESS
AND turn off boundry and mullions AND MAKE THE D=0

DONE!!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
angus wrote:

THX!!!

I USE YOUR METHOD
THERE ARE ACTUALLY 2 CW
BUT ONE IS MIRROR AND THE GLASS PANEL MAKE TO BE 0 THICKNESS
AND turn off boundry and mullions AND MAKE THE D=0

DONE!!!!

Glad that I helped..one last thing ..u don't have to set panel thickness to 0 you can simply select the panels in one of the CW and delete them ... I don't know..but personally don't like that workaround ( the zero value ) had enough troubles with it !!

well .. now the -not-so-pleasant- news...is that u can't place junction elements ( i.e spider system ) at the intersections ... well sure you can .. but manually ( as in creating an object and place it manually) .

good luck
Erika Epstein
Booster
Thanks for reminding me of the rotation angle feature.

If we could also rotate the Primary grid lines then we could do this quite easily and not have to also do custom panels and junction pieces...
CW rotated grid 1.jpg
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Thanks for reminding me of the rotation angle feature.

If we could also rotate the Primary grid lines then we could do this quite easily and not have to also do custom panels and junction pieces...
yes, this is the main point of my question

i wonder why there is no rotation in the primary one which limit the combination of curtain wall
Erika Epstein
Booster
Been meaning to add this. You can actually rotate the scheme in both directions in one rotation. But, as the book says, it only works on individual sections, not part of a chain, and they cannot be curved in plan.

In the CW edit window, select the scheme, moving the edge frame if it aligns with the scheme edge if necessary. Click on the edge and choose rotate in the pop-up button.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
heey everyone, i'am sorry i know that it is a stupid question, but can anyone tell me how to reach the rotation angle option for the transom for the curved curtain wall so that i can change reach the shape of the curtain wall as shown in the replies?? thanks I really appreciate your help
Learn and get certified!