BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Problems with scene origin AC 11 exports to Artlantis

Files with the same overall geometry and position (phase 1 and 2 of the same project) are showing up as scenes with different coordinate position in Artantis, which makes open with reference useless unless you reposition the scene. I don't remember this happening before a couple of weeks ago, but it is now happening in different computers with different projects.

And we are not being able to reposition the scene --in some computers new Position X-Y values will be accepted but the scene doesn't move, and the old values will be restored after going to some other inspector and back; in some computers the new values are taken and stored, but the scene hasn't moved. This is happening with AC 11 US, different Mac Intel Machines, Artlantis versions 1.2.6, 2.0.0 and 2.0.3.

Is there any bug thing that 'locks' a scene in place (tried marquee, camera, etc.), either in the AC export process or in Artlantis itself? This is having rather catastrophic consequences now.
17 REPLIES 17
Karl wrote:
There is a thread in the artlantis forums that seems related to this:
That was started by someone sitting like 8 ft from me. I had started a thread there a few weeks ago, also with no luck.

We are having to open the export and translate the scene every time in Artlantis 1.2, then open in 2.
Karl Ottenstein
Ignacio wrote:
That was started by someone sitting like 8 ft from me.

Well, at least you knew about the thread. I remember a discussion on the forums here a few years ago where two guys about 8 feet apart were asking each other questions on the forum instead of in person!

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Djordje
Ace
Eric Batte and Alex Schamenek? 😉

It was good five years ago ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Karl Ottenstein
Djordje wrote:

I was trying not to mention names.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Thomas Holm
Booster
Ignacio wrote:
Files with the same overall geometry and position (phase 1 and 2 of the same project) are showing up as scenes with different coordinate position in Artantis, which makes open with reference useless unless you reposition the scene. I don't remember this happening before a couple of weeks ago, but it is now happening in different computers with different projects. ...
Ignacio, did you try first to Open the file in Arlantis and then Use Reference File, instead of just Save it with a reference from Archicad's 3D window?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Djordje
Ace
Karl wrote:
Djordje wrote:

I was trying not to mention names.

Karl
Why not? At the time I have worked with Kim(FromZim), who sat about two meters away, and sending emails to each other was called "Alexing"
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Dwight
Newcomer
Those guys emailed so they wouldn't punch each other.
Dwight Atkinson
Thomas wrote:
Ignacio, did you try first to Open the file in Arlantis and then Use Reference File, instead of just Save it with a reference from Archicad's 3D window?
It is always a regular export, open, use reference --never in my life did I save with reference.
Learn and get certified!