BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Reveal for Terrace Door

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just wondering if there is any way of creating a terrace door with a reveal. I've tried all possible settings in the terrace doors available, but the reveal option keeps inactive. In contrast to other windows / doors objects there's no Reveal / Wall Closure in the Settings dialog?

Terrace Door Settings.jpg
15 REPLIES 15
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, now that I have read the whole thread I found that all my questions were actually answered in previous posts.

So here is what I now think about the original question:
If you set a Reveal for this particular type of library part, ArchiCAD would not be able to generate it in such a way that it is shorter on one side (Window side) and longer on the other (Door side). This is not within the capabilities of an ArchiCAD Reveal. This is why it is disabled to avoid it.
This is my guess.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not yet entirely
For once I do not want different sides left or right.... that's another thread.
laszlonagy wrote:
...If you set a Reveal for this particular type of library part....
This is my point : how do you actually set a simple reveal for this type ?
Could it be a bug?
Thanks for your input.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
What I was trying to do is explain the rationale behind what you see in the Dialog.
The general case for such a Terrace Door is that the Window has Sill and the Door does not, therefore the vertical lengths of the two sides are not equal. This is why setting the Reveal is disabled by default, because the Reveal would not be correctly displayed (save the special case of the two sides being of equal height).
What you are trying to do is a specialized case for which this object was not meant.

But I also tell you a secret now that I dug into this thing:
I checked into the object and the last parameter it has on its parameter list has the name "Reveal Tab page Control". It actually lets you enable/disable the Reveal Tab page. Just by experiment, if you set a value of 0 or 1 then the Reveal Tab page will be enabled. To do this you will have to either extract the LCF container so you can open the library part for editing or you have to save it under a new name and edit that.
When you open it for editing, uncheck the Hide button before its name and save it, so it will appear in the Parameter list in the Window Settings Dialog.
Then set the value to 0 or 1, click OK to close the Dialog and then Open the Dialog again. It seems this close and open is needed for any change in the value of this parameter to take effect.
But keep in mind that the Reveal will be fine only if the vertical height of the Window and the Door are the same.
If they are not there will be a reveal towards the Door on the side of parapet below the Window.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Here is the image for the Parameter you need to unhide.
TerraceDoorEditingDialog.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo,

I enabled the parameter, it works fine for me. I have always done seperate sills with slabs so I don't mind.
Thank you.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Cool.
Learn and get certified!