BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

reopening views

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whenever I reopen a view the pen choices and layer settings revert to all closed. I believe i selected a button in one of the pull down menus to cause this but I can't find what button i selected. anyone know what i did?
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
That means that you saved the view with those settings. You must update the view settings after you select the layer combination, etc that you want reflected in the view.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply, however I just did a save and place of that view, when i reopened the view it reverted, how else should I save the selected
layers? now i can't move the view when is is on the layout. I can select it by using selcet A but can not move it. I have not had this problem before in v11.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The "select all but can't move" on layouts suggests to me that you have turned Snap on which is easy to do by accident. Turn Snap off and see if that is the problem.

CTRL-S or CMD-S is the default shortcut.
Learn and get certified!