Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Navigator Disappeared?

archislave
Enthusiast
The navigator no longer appears although it is checked to display in the environment. I usually use the macbook connected to a display. Upon starting archicad with just the macbook the drawings windows stretch out full width. When it is connected to a displsy the navigator pops up and the drawings windows shrink between the toolbox and navgator correctly.

No matter what I try I can't get it to display. I need to get some work done for tomorrow while I am out of town. Now I can't.
I have restarted the machine and created a new archicad from template and did a New Reset All.

Please Help.
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You should be able to delete your latest work environment settings to get the Navigator back, as a last resort. In particular the palette settings. You may want to back them up first, just in case. Can't recall exactly where they are on a Mac. On a PC, I can find mine at:

C:\Documents and Settings\Link\Application Data\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 10.0.0 INT R1\Latest WorkEnvironment\Palettes

Cheers,
Link.
archislave
Enthusiast
I was finally able to start a new archicad and choose official template and it's profile instead of 'last profile used'. It was after pulling my hair out for an hour.

Overall, I think the environment settings are way too complex and there are just too many opportunities / occurences when archicad does not respect one's desire settings. I have also said what a mess the Mac GUI is with all the little floating pallettes. I like the way they embed themselves on the windows GUI. This could be done on the Mac with the latest programming guidelines given by apple.
Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
archislave wrote:
I have restarted the machine and created a new archicad from template and did a New Reset All.
archislave wrote:
I was finally able to start a new archicad and choose official template and it's profile instead of 'last profile used'.
That's what a New & Reset All (File> Alt+New) should do; reset the project preferences and reset the work environment settings.

Glad you got it figured out.

Cheers,
Link.
If you've saved your Work Environments early on, you can always go back and reactivate it. This should bring back your Navigator as well.
Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System