Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Ways to speed up startup?

It seems like the startup time for the program has gotten a LOT longer lately, at least the first time. I've limited the ports that the WIBU driver checks, and turned off the automatic update checking, but it hasn't helped much. Anything else to try?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
A smaller library, perhaps.
Do you have many extras?
Dwight Atkinson
Karl Ottenstein
Since you're on Windows, did you defragment your disk after updating to build 1200? (Generally, run a defrag after any major software update - Windows Update or other.)

I assume you're talking about the time it takes to get to the startup dialog (open previous/new project, etc) - in which case libraries have not been scanned yet. Or, are you talking about the time it takes to load a project?

Do you Norton or some other virus protection software that you've recently updated, and which is scanning each program as it is opened? Consider disabling that option if you are always careful about what programs you launch and have done a full scan and scan all incoming files.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl/Dwight,

I was talking about the time it takes to get to the project browsing window upon starting AC. Disk is automatically defragged every night. I think Dwight might be on to something with the add-ons. I do have a fair amount of Cigraph and Cadimage tools, although I'm not sure which might be the culprit. (Although I have a pretty good guess.... )
Richard
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
How about Karl's very own wibu scanning tip?

Cheers,
Link.
Link wrote:
How about Karl's very own wibu scanning tip?
See original post.
Richard