Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Tile layouts?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How about an option to tile several layout windows in a larger uber layout. As a student, I find I want to do quick and cheap printouts. Tiling would allow me to split an A1 into 4 A3's, which a lot of people have as a printer at home these days. It would also be seriously useful in laying out multi-board presentations. A simple grid with some ability to adjust margins in between would suffice.
12 REPLIES 12
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think this is absolutely essential.
On top of that, this was a feature PlotMaker 9 had (it was called Multi-Page Layouts) but was lost or omitted when PlotMaker was merged into ArchiCAd in ArchiCAD 10.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
TomWaltz
Participant
Doesn't the plot command do that automatically now? We get accidentally tiled pages all the time.
Tom Waltz
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Even with printing you can print a large Layout to A4 sized pages for example, but it does not let you control the order of pages printed like in PlotMaker at the time. That is my big pain.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just my luck. I just started using AC last year with AC10. As for the plot command, I don't see that it would have the flexibility of multi-page layouting, allowing one to align a drawing across multiple layout pages, for example. I'm stuck taking PDF's to a printer for now, anyway. Seems like an easy fix for GS, at least. Thanks for your thoughts.
Erich
Contributor
Correct me if I am wrong but the Mac side does allow you to set the order of tiled pages. Does the PC side not allow this?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
On my computer (PC), it doesn't.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using a Mac here, but the issue is being able to see two, or more, layout pages at once in the actual layout editing. As I've been working away it's occurred to me that what I want is to open a whole subset. The presentation I'm working on now has different size pages, but it would still be nice to lay them out together, for better continuity.
Anonymous
Not applicable
"laszlonagy" wrote:
I think this is absolutely essential.
On top of that, this was a feature PlotMaker 9 had (it was called Multi-Page Layouts) but was lost or omitted when PlotMaker was merged into ArchiCAd in ArchiCAD 10.

The funny thing is that it is the only thing that I miss out of Plotmaker, perhaps its not much of a challenge for them to add that feature to a hot fix.
Karl Ottenstein
gabriel wrote:
How about an option to tile several layout windows in a larger uber layout. As a student, I find I want to do quick and cheap printouts. Tiling would allow me to split an A1 into 4 A3's, which a lot of people have as a printer at home these days. It would also be seriously useful in laying out multi-board presentations. A simple grid with some ability to adjust margins in between would suffice.
No ability to adjust margins - and of course you would have to play games if you want a proper scale - but you can certainly just save your layouts as a single PDF file and then use Adobe Reader to tile them onto a page. (Or, some printer drivers support tiling directly.)

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB