BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD 11/12 and Mac OS X 10.5 Firewall

Anonymous
Not applicable
My english is not that good, but i try to explain my problem:

We have a Network Dongle.

On all 3 iMacs is the original Mac OS X 10.5 Firewall active.
It is set to "Set access for specific services and applications"
I added ArchiCAD 11 and 12 and set both to "Allow incoming connections"
Every user works with a normal User-Account without Administration Privileges.

Now the Problem:

Every time I start a other Version of Archicad (example: 1. I started AC11, 2. I started AC 12 or vice versa), the System asks me: "Do you want the application ArchiCAD.app to accept incoming network connections?" and i have to allow. If i denied the Network-Dongle don't work, and I have to work in Demo-Modus.

Now the User have to enter the Administration Password, which they shouldn't know...

This is when i use both Versions of ArchiCAD simultaneous or one after the other.

When i entered the Password for one Version (for example AC11), and then restart the Computer and i use AC11 again, then i don't have to enter the Password. Then i start AC12 and the Problem begins again.

What can i do?????

My AC-Reseller Support told me, this is a "Privileges-Problem", and they have no idea, how to help me...

I know, i can deactivated the OS X Firewall an use a other one. But for some other reasons, i need it.

Thank you in advance for your help.
1 REPLY 1
schagemann
Enthusiast
would you mind sharing the reason why you need an additional firewall inside your LAN - presumably you do have a router which hosts yet another firewall?

besides, we are proponents of giving users full access (i.e. admin privileges) to their macs, as particularly on small networks one can easily manage and offset the potential sideeffects with regular maintenance.

also in our experience the more important part is actually controlling apple's automatic software updates, i.e. rigorous testing before deploying if AC or any other mission critical application is still working.

ds.
macinteract
Design Technology Managers.
All  on macOS | since AC 6

Archicad Framework > Smart Template 27
Smart Tree, Transmittal and Universal Label and other smart GDL Objects
By Architects for Architects.
Learn and get certified!