BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Wishes
Post your wishes about Graphisoft products: Archicad, BIMx, BIMcloud, and DDScad.

Drawing Tool with Ability to Show/Hide Layers

Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Let's get rid of the X-refing nonsense!

No more millions of stupidly named layers and attributes that don't make a sense. It is strange that we are all talking about Autocad as an obsolete platform yet we are using its crappy technology and workflow.
::rk
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Essential.

Displaying only the layers that were 'on' when it was last saved is an really annoying limitation. I can think of many occasions where I would like to have the same dwg displayed but with different combinations of layers.

Repeating what I said on the other thread - a couple of other improvements that could make it even better is to make it possible to magic wand elements inside the drawing, and enable a way of manually controlling the general linetype scale within each drawing, so that lines will always display themselves correctly whoever drew them.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I think this must be the most highly supported wish in terms of average score I have ever seen. Essential from me, too!
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I would like to know who has spoilt our clean-sweep 5.00 point run. Apparently GS has cast their two votes to dilute our enthusiasm... just kidding....

Another advantage of this could be placing a dwg drawing right on a layout with adjustable layers without going to the model space. eg. in case of dwg reprinting without actual changes/additions in AC itself.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't used xrefs from the moment I tried them!
Not needed!
Anonymous
Not applicable
kliment wrote:
I haven't used xrefs from the moment I tried them!
Not needed!
I presume by your comment you voted 'not needed'.

Why do you think it would not be a good idea to have layer control in the drawing tool? (i.e. the topic of this wish)

Have you ever had to deal with dwg files from other consultants?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Something went wrong with me here: I read Rob's comment on the x-refs and diverted my attention from the topic! Of course I will welcome a drawing tool with layer control option.

Vote should be "essential"! Please, Moderators, could you change it?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Doh!

It's too late! You've messed up the whole thing now!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I asked Peter who maintains the whole Forum database: unfortunately it is not possible to take out votes already cast.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Kliment!!! this is a mutiny!
Learn and get certified!