Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

north arrow within drawing title

Anonymous
Not applicable
is there a way to place the OBJECT tools "north arrow" in the designated drawing titles? currently i set up the "NCS drawing title 12" and then add the north arrow externally on my drawing sheet. am i missing something?
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Maybe you could script it in the 2D Script of the Title Object.
In the Script you would position your Origin to the place where you want the North arrow to appear, rotate it to the desired orientation, then call the North Arrow object as a macro, passing to it all needed parameters.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
laszlonagy wrote:
... rotate it to the desired orientation, ...
david:

If you are scripting, then you should be able to use the GLOB_NORTH_DIR Global Variable to get the project's North setting from the Sun dialog box.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
David Shorter
Advisor
The Australian Title type has the north point shown with it set to face the current project north.
It also allows the north point to be switched off when used for sections and elevations.
So it is view dependent. I find this is better than placing it on the sheet / layout.
It also has the scale and back-referencing incorporated
Archicad 4.1 to 27 Apple Silicon
you can't build a line
Mac Studio
iPad Pro
iPhone

Hi David, do you know if this magical title still exists in Archicad 25? I used it many years ago in Australia but here in the US there is no title that includes a north point....what are the chances you'd be willing to share it with me?