Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door schedule, how to remove an emty door?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have some empty doors in my project and I can't remove the from my door list, I looked under the filters but I can't find how, can some one will be kind to show me how?
Thank you!
Mario Igartua

1.jpg
34 REPLIES 34
Anonymous
Not applicable
And you too Link!!!!!!!!!!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
rucailo wrote:
Hi Laszlo,

I thank you very much for all your help,
And, knowing that you have lots of experience and knowledge in this matter, I still want to ask you this:
There is one thing that I can't do which is in my project I have some doors that are Store entrance doors (the leaf is glass, frame aluminum) and also have internal doors which are wood paneled doors, I can't find the way to show what material each door has in the door list,
any sugestions?
Thanks again!
For this you have to use the Additional Parameters of the Scheme Settings Dialog.
ArchiCAD is capable of listing any parameter of any Library Part of the Loaded libraries.
Now, the trick is that most Doors in ArchiCAD are based on the same basic Door "subtype", which means they share many-many of their parameters in common. So if you select one parameter in one Doors chances are that same parameter exists in other Door objects as well and so it will give you sensible results.
Check the attached image:
I hope it is understandable what I mean: you select the "gs_frame_mat2" parameter of the "D1 12.gsm" library object to be listed in the Interactive Schedule. That parameter is the parameter of that Door. But since most of the other Door object in the Library have a parameter under this same name, they will also return sensible info in the Schedule.
So, basically ArchiCAD thinks this way: the gs_frame_mat parameter has been selected for listing. If I have any Door that has such a parameter then I will list the value of that parameter no matter if that Door is not "D1 12.gsm".

So, set this in the Field panel of the Schedule. Then make sure to set the parameter correctly for all Doors and then it should list out the materials of those Doors correctly.

P.S.: As you can see in the list there are many material parameters you can choose from. It is possible to choose another material parameter.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did what you say, but as you can see, the last 2 doors are metal doors and in their parameters don't even show glass material and in the door list aperas with glass material,
what to do?
thanks again
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the attachment was not done properly
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Upload two images: the first about the Fields panel of the Scheme Settings Dialog, the second about the resulting Schedule. Then we will see what we can do.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here goes the other image
1.jpg
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You mean that a Metal Door does not even have glass so in the Glass Material field it should have N/A or something like that, and not the Glass listed? But it cannot be set in the Schedule. That's a problem.

I have another idea: probably all Door objects have Listing parameters. Among those there are five user defined ones.
It is in the Parameters panel of the Door Settings Dialog, and in the Parameters for Listing group, the last five are the user defined ones.
Use one of them to set the Glass Material. Then set that parameter to be listed. This way you will be able to set any text for all Doors for this parameter so for the normal Doors you can set Glass, for the Metal Doors you can set 'N/A' or similar.
Anonymous
Not applicable
But I will have to do it manually for each door, I thought that with many additional parameters there would be one that you just set and get the results. this works fine for small projects with few doors, but imagine with a large scale project?
Thank you very much for your help,
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Well, my view is that it can at least be done.
I would probably go to the 3D Window with only Doors set to be shown, then use Find & Select to select the Metal Doors and set the needed parameter in one go.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I will work in all this,
Thanks Lazslo for showing me how to use the schedules and the filters.