BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with Layout Book Background Color

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a template file that originally had light yellow background. I changed it to white in the Grids and Displays settings. My background did change to white, but when I look at my plans on a layout sheet, cover fills set to -1 Background are showing up yellow like the old setting for the background. So I thought that (like pen setting) the layout book might have unique Grids and Display settings. While in the Layout book, I check my Grids and Display settings and the background is still showing as yellow and it is greyed out for editing.

Is this a bug or is there a way I can change this to white?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone have any ideas? It seems the background color is broken when you tryt o change it while in Layout mode.
Djordje
Ace
Did you try changing the backgrounds to something else, for example zero, then back to -1?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This could be a bug. I'll report it to Graphisoft.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is only related to the Grids and Background dialog. The template I have was set to have a yellow background. I changed it while in a plan view. But, when I go to layout view and open the Grids and Background, the yellow is still there, but grayed out and unchangeable. While I can still plot fine, the on-screen view of my layouts show yellow anywhere that I have objects set to use the -1 Background pen.

I think its a bug too.
Learn and get certified!