BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

An old wall and column bug! Any workarounds?

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is an old bug, which has been annoying me for years! I've wanted to post a topic about it many times but forgotten!

I have a column into a wall, they have the same width and contour line. Somehow AC decides to draw the column outline with thin line, as if half of the line is hidden!

Sometimes this could be corrected if the column is moved above the wall, but not always!

This takes me a lot of time to check all the drawings and correct it! Correction is done by drawing a line over the column!

Any ideas for workaround?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
i don't understand your problem is.

is it your pen set problem?

why do your lines show like that?
KeesW
Advocate
It can be fixed by readjusting priorities of old and new walls. Old items should have a lower priority than newer ones so that new items go over the top of old ones. Turning an old item layer off does not also remove its interference with newer items. I would have thought that a user indicates that he doesn't want to see it when he turns the layer off but only Graphisoft programmers understand why they make such heavy weather of simple, everyday situations.

The way priorities are handled, and the default settings, are a long standing gripe for many users. Join the club!
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
KeesW wrote:
The way priorities are handled, and the default settings, are a long standing gripe for many users. Join the club!
I would like to add "Display Order management" also
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've noticed ArchiCAD does weird and illogical things with line display orders also.

See here in elevation for example - http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=129881

This stuff is kind of fundamental to accurate drawing output!
Anonymous
Not applicable
One way I fix this sort of thing is to use a poly-wall in place of the column.
Learn and get certified!