BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

two screens

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use my Laptop as a PC, so i add an auxilay Monitor. I can have my pallets on the Laptop screen and word on my Monitor with my floorplan. But seem to be unable to move the 3d view over to the window where AC is not running in.
Is that a fact or something i do wrong?

TIA
7 REPLIES 7
Erika Epstein
Booster
Bernd,
When you do the setup assign the primary window (#1) to the monitor and make your laptop the secondary one.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika,

thanks for the reply. I have the settings like that, and AC is on my big screen. But i seem not to be able to keep the 3d window on the laptop and work on the floor plan on the monitor. So i would have both views visible the same time. But i can't move the 3d window, i can move all the toolbars and pallets/

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
As I recall undocked palettes can float across all available monitors, but the various view windows cannot leave the confines of the application window. I think you have to stretch the main ArchiCAD window across both monitors to do what you want.

I would test for you but my machine is busy publishing some big models right now, and I'm running Windows in VM so I don't know if it would be a true test anyway.
Erika Epstein
Booster
As Matthew said, while palettes can be positioned on either screen, the modeling windows (3D, sections and elevations) are restricted to the main #1 screen.

To do what you want you must select the option to treat both monitors as one. Then you can move any archicad window onto either monitor. The downside is that if you want to enlarge a window to fit one monitor, you must do it manually as to select 'maximize' will enlarge the window to fit both screens.

Try it though, it may work for you.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika, Mathew,

thank you for the quick reply. Can i tread both monitor as one in XP ? i don't see that option. I tried Mathew's sugestion but i don't think i can get used to that.

thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
AMSTERDAMNED wrote:
Erika, Mathew,

thank you for the quick reply. Can i tread both monitor as one in XP ? i don't see that option. I tried Mathew's sugestion but i don't think i can get used to that.

thanks
Yeah, multiple monitors have always been a bit of a pain in Windows. One reason I prefer Macs.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mathew,

I see. I'm not one of Bill's friends either but I don't see my company changing to MAC.

Thanks
Learn and get certified!