Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Teamwork crash - Cannot sign-in

Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD crashed in mid-operation while signed into a .plp project. When I attempt to sign back in I get a message stating:

'Bob Sacamano' has signed in with exclusive access. Only Viewers and the Administrator can sign in.

I've perused previous inquiries to this dilemma and found no answer. For instance there is no .lck file anywhere on my local drive or the server to be deleted. Help is out there?
5 REPLIES 5
__archiben
Booster
casedesign wrote:
Bob Sacamano' has signed in with exclusive access. Only Viewers and the Administrator can sign in.
are you bob sacamano? and which archicad version? operating system? etc...

try signing in to the PLP as the administrator and unceremoniously kicking bob sacamano out. that ought to do it.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC11, WinXP Pro, Dell 2.4GHz Quad, 3.25GB RAM

"try signing in to the PLP as the administrator and unceremoniously kicking bob sacamano out. that ought to do it."

Cannot sign in as Admin The password is unknown or was never assigned. I wish were that easy. Bob Sacamano is fictional to save the actual individuals name from public disgrace in light of this disastrous event.
__archiben
Booster
casedesign wrote:
Cannot sign in as Admin The password is unknown or was never assigned.
the admin password HAS to be assigned. that you or someone in your organisation don't know it is bad management. try the usual suspects: "password"; "1234"; "admin"; the name of your firm, etc...
Bob Sacamano is fictional to save the actual individuals name from public disgrace in light of this disastrous event.
what i'm trying to get at is whether the person with exclusive access is you or another individual working on the file. if it's someone else you can open their PLC file and sort things out from there. the point is: the 'who' is important when resolving teamwork issues. changing the names to protect the innocent is not helping figure it out . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Got it! Had the correct pass-phrase the whole time just neglected to alter the Administrator's name.

Thanks for the help!
Djordje
Ace
Make your signature ...

ArchiCAD version, build, platform/OS

See mine for an example.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen