Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Automatic print/plot information on drawings

Kristen
Participant
I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has a good solution for publishing print/plot information automatically on drawings.

I am looking for something that gives me the file name with the path, the name of the layout that is printed, the name or initials of the person printing, and the date and time of printing. All this can be achieved with the header/footer option that exists in ArchiCAD but i am not satisfied with this alternative because it places the text outside the printable area of the drawing.

Ideally I would like the text to be standing along the left hand side of the drawing just outside the drawing frame.

I have an object which is part of the way there and works just fine if I print directly from the screen but if it is placed in the layout, then it must be rebuilt for every file that is printed and that just doesn't work.

I'd like to know how others have solved this issue
Kristen Broberg
AC 23 SWE Full on Windows 10 Pro
HP Zbook 15 G6 32GB
i7-9850H 2,6GHz
Quadro M2200 2GB
www.liljewall.se
5 REPLIES 5
Thomas Holm
Booster
Use the Text tool, make a text field where you want it, right-click, select Autotext... See figure
You can insert any Project Info (like initials) along with system info, file path etc. If I do this on a Master layout, I get what I want automatically on any of its children.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
When you Print, there is also the header/Footer checkbox in the Print Dialog which has various options you can set to appear on the printed output.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Kristen
Participant
Thanks Thomas for the autotext tip, I did not think of that.

Laszlo, I had tried the header/footer option in the Print dialogue but do not like this because I cannot affects it's placement. It always ends up outside the printable area if we are printing on an A4/A3 copier.
Kristen Broberg
HP Zbook 15 G6 32GB
i7-9850H 2,6GHz
Quadro M2200 2GB
www.liljewall.se
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Then you should go with Thomas' suggestion as it gives you more freedom and options.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Kristen
Participant
The autotext works perfectly...it does exactly what I want! Thanks for you help.
Kristen Broberg
HP Zbook 15 G6 32GB
i7-9850H 2,6GHz
Quadro M2200 2GB
www.liljewall.se