Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Grids for RCP, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know of a way to fill an area with a grid -as in a RCP or floor tiles? AutoCAD has a nice tool for this, but I don't see it for ArchiCAD 11.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jill wrote:
Does anyone know of a way to fill an area with a grid -as in a RCP or floor tiles? AutoCAD has a nice tool for this, but I don't see it for ArchiCAD 11.
Hi Jill,

If you want to do this in floor plan (working in 2D), you can use a fill for achieving that ("Ceramic Tile" fill, for example, can be found in the presets).

Cheers.

Adrian Tudoreanu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply.

I haven't learned how to do custom fills yet. Will this work, for example, for rotating a grid, and will it allow me to center a rcp grid in a room? Also, for example, can I create a pattern such as a running bond tile pattern?

Much appreciated,
Jill
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jill

You'll probably find a similar pattern to what you require for your running bond in the standard AC fills, just duplicate and change the scale as necessary. Within the Fill tool settings check the "Link to Fill Origin" option (as opposed to Project Origin) to place your setout point and direction.

HTH
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Don't forget that you really only need one fill type, then you can use the distorted fill method to get the size and shape you want.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is that too, but if you pick up the properties of the distorted fill you still have to set the distortion factors again to get the same result (does that make sense?), so I prefer to have the fill scale correct to start with (unless the distortion varies, ofcourse, but probably not the case with ceiling tiles)