BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Grid options in section settings. AC12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey in 12 they removed an option in the section settings to update the grids manually. Now when we rebuild our sections the grids go wacky and we have to fix them every time we rebuild. Is there a way around this?
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Does this mean that when the Section is rebuilt the Grid Elements are not generated where they are supposed to be?
Or does it mean that you moved your Grid Elements in the Section so when you update the Section they jump back to the correct locations and you have to again move them to their custom location.
The former: I would say it is a bug.
The latter: I would say set the Grid System not to be generated in Section, instead place individual Grid Elements in the Section.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Erika Epstein
Booster
They are still not generating in sections as they should. Some show, some don't, they don't hold settings reliably. What I do is generate them in sections so I can accurately place the GRID LIBRARY PART and then turn the option to have the GRID TOOL show in section to OFF as Laszlo directed.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Djordje
Ace
jkoenig1980 wrote:
Hey in 12 they removed an option in the section settings to update the grids manually. Now when we rebuild our sections the grids go wacky and we have to fix them every time we rebuild. Is there a way around this?
Did you bring the project from 10? If yes, there is a bug that I have reported.

Remedy: select all the grid markers IN EACH SECTION, set the parameters correctly. It will behave from then onwards.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me stop and show you what im talking about.

Before Rebuild

After Rebuild
[/img]
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
That is strange, cause I do not know what setting you have to set in the Grid Element Settings Dialog to achieve this skewed effect.
Select all Grid Elements in the Section and try setting the Staggering value to the minimum in the Section/Elevation panel of the Grid Element Settings Dialog to see if it makes any difference.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I confirm that I am having similar problems with the Grid tool. Offset bubbles in sections. Random disappearing Grid lines. Locked or unchangeable settings in the Grid Tool settings window.

I am using a template file that was originally created in ArchiCAD 10 and has been updated over the years through 11 and 12. However, I have used a fresh AC12 grid object via 12 when using the Grid. SO, i dont think it is related to a previous version of archicad.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Me three.
I am also experiencing problems with the grid tool in AC11 files.
-changing the s/e setting so grids do not show in the s/e window gives erratic results. Some s/e this works, others some show. In the s/e windows selecting these often they are on the archicad layer even though the plan grid elements are on the correct GRID layer.
-some s/e markers when I change the setting crash archicad. I've sent in a number of bug reports from these occasions.
- sometimes s/e windows suddenly start showing grid tool elements after correctly not showing them.
- if I change one or two of the grid tool elements in s/e to be offset suddenly all grids show offset in that s/e window.

I've learned the hard way to not even temporarily have the grids set to show in the s/e marker settings because it seems once on you struggle, often unsuccessfully, for the remainder of the project to get them off. I routinely place library part grids in s/e window with a masking fill to block out any grid tool elements that suddenly appear and/or won't go away in s/e windows.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Bruce
Expert
Well, you've got further than me. I can't even get the Setting Dialog working!

This is all I get - anyone else encountered this? It's the same in v11 too.
Grid Settings Dialog.JPG
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Learn and get certified!