BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Lightworks turns black

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey do you guys have any ideas why my light works materials would be turning black?
my Internal Engine and Open GL look the way I want them to.

I'm confused....
11 REPLIES 11
Dwight
Newcomer
You mean that they worked fine before and turned black today or new materials that you are making?

I think they call this the Jagger Effect.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is new materials I am making that turn black.
I dont know what settings I have changed. None as far as I can tell, but, that is most likely not the cas, or I would not be having this problem, and of course I need to have this stuffdone by tomorow.

Jagger effect aye?
Meister?
Dwight
Newcomer
The Mick Jagger Effect oh young one.

When you make a new material using the internal engine you must MANUALLY TRANSFER THE VALUES to LightWorks

With the LightWorks Material Dialog Open find the "Match Internal Engine" Button.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought you must have ment something besides jagger meister.

Um, so I know that I need to manually set it to be the same, and when i do that is when they turn black.
Dwight
Newcomer
Where are you saving your textures?
When you look at the material in LightWorks, does the file name appear in the right places?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
mmm I will open it up and check, I'm not really sure where I would find that info though.
Dwight
Newcomer
Show the dialog for Graphisoft Masked Image.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed that my custom maerials are loaded twice, would that matter?
I am waiting for it to unload one of the libraries now, my computer at home is super sucky slow, so this is a proccess.
Anonymous
Not applicable
K, well my textures are all loaded only once now, and they are still black.

By Graphisoft masked image dialogue do you mean the settings to the right - Under Set Perameters?

I see now that next to file name it is blank.
I am going tochange that now, see what happens.

I have never paid attention to that before, so I don't knwo if there is supposed to usually be anything there.
Learn and get certified!