BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC11 Crash with Autorebuild & Layouts

Anonymous
Not applicable
One of my colleagues is experiencing a problem with a project that was migrated from AC10 to AC11.

ArchiCAD crashes whenever an elevation or section (with the Autorebuild Function on) is placed onto a Layout.The problem does not occur if the Section Status is set to "Drawing"

Anyone else had problems with this? Or found a solution? The workaround of using "Drawing" works fine, but any alterations need to be updated and there are close to 15 sections/elevations in the project.
7 REPLIES 7
Djordje
Ace
What is your Archicad build?

This might be related to the S/E problems with the Grid Tool. Check it out.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
1086 INT FULL - latest update that's available afaik.

what are the S/E grid problems? don't think it's that though - grid tool has not been used in the project - they're still drawing grid in 2D
Erika Epstein
Booster
Mark,
You don't say whether your 'friend' is on mac or pc, not that it necessarily matters in this case.
I found any time I brought in custom attributes, specifically materials and fills, from 10 to 11 ac would crash.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually he's a "colleague" but he's on an intel iMac.. thanks for the hint though, will give it a whirl...
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Make sure to contact your local tech support with the Bug ID ArchiCAD bug reporter gave you (they are logged in a text file called CrashSubmissionLog.txt). They will contact Graphisoft HQ and check out what happened. They might also ask you for the file that crashed ArchiCAD.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks - Unfortunately there is no bug ID - it just closes.
I've been in contact with Barbara Sommer and will send her the file... just as soon as I have enough bandwidth left over ( our internet is capped)
Erika Epstein
Booster
Mark,
If you go to where AC11 is installed on your computer you can manually run the bug reporter and then email it in.

The bug reporter has a very distinctive bug shape.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Learn and get certified!