Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

CPU running 50% in Idle

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im running archicad 11 and have been since it came out. Today it is not running very well. When i open a new archicad file the CPU runs at 50% without doing anything and then peaks at 100% for 10-15 seconds when im am working on it, making it unusable.

any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
i have tried uninstalling, windows rollback.... nothing seems to be working.

has anyone had this problem before???
Any suggestions?
Anonymous
Not applicable
any suggestions at all...............?
Thomas Holm
Booster
OK total shot in the dark - do a New and Reset so that everything goes back to the installed defaults. And clean out any libraries, add-ons etc except the defaults.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.
I was having the same problem with my Dell XPS600 with a PentiumD 3.0 ghz in it.
I tried everything. Had a proffesional go through my computer settings. Reintalled system software a zillion times. Spoke with archicad technical support for an extended period. No solutions. Processors would rest at 50% or more when Archicad was open then spike to 100%. I had the most problems in the 2D window. 3D worked fine
I built a new computer with a core 2 duo and all problems have gone away. My much older computer without the d processor still works fairly well with Archicad.
I think the pentium D dual processors don't work properly with archicad.
I think code is using the processors incorrectly.

Good Luck with this. Let me know if you figure it out. I sold my Pentium D Dell.
Anonymous
Not applicable
after extensive investigation and talking with archicad support i managed to figure out the problem. I down loaded a new graphics driver from the NIVDIA website and it seems to have fixed the problem - drivers were up to date too. quite simple in the end.

archicad is running really well now.