Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Artlantis Studio 'versus' Cinema 4D Architectural edition

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a registered user of Artlantis 4.5.

To upgrade to Artlantis Studio is almost as expensive as buying a new license. So I am considering Cinema 4D Architectural Edition as well, although it is more expensive. I also understand that the learning curve is harder than Artlantis, but the software is more powerful. The point is if that extra power is worth a € 600 difference?

Could someone advise on the 'pros' and 'cons' of Artlantis Studio 'versus' C4D Architectural Edition?

Jaime Neto

MacBookPro 17'' | 2,4 Ghz | 2GB Ram | MacOsX 4.10
Archicad 11-1086-POR-Full /Artlantis 4.5 / Sketchup Pro 6.0 / Piranesi 4.0
12 REPLIES 12
The 600 euro difference is immaterial --the man hours invested in the C4D learning curve will cost a lot more. If you do a lot of illustration, or need professional illustration quality, or have a full time in-house illustrator, or often produce large drawings and animations that need a rendering farm, that investment will pay off and C4D would be the way to go. If you are an architect dealing with clients, city officials, contractors, doing CAD, and oh by the way producing some pretty picture every now and then, fast, Artlantis R is the way to go.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Ignacio is 100% on target. I'd just like to add, since you mention the price, that that upgrade price policy has always been Abvent's. On the other hand, Artlantis is excellent software! With some tweaking you get fully professional results, and in a fraction of the time other renderers produce output. Please note that the rendering time itself isn't so important, but your time is. If you can tweak you output using many more test images, you will get better results.

And Artlantis Studio is R + animation.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Chazz
Enthusiast
Why would anyone be confused? The folowing text is from the Artlantis web site.

Artlantis Render is a unique 3D rendering application ideal for quickly and easily creating very high-quality real-time still images, QuickTime VR, Panoramas and Animations.
Ease of use, intuitive interface and powerful controls have made Artlantis must-have rendering software for over 75,000 architecture, design and urban design professionals in more than 80 countries.
Artlantis Studio is a unique 3D rendering application ideal for quickly and easily creating very high-quality real-time still images, QuickTime VR, Panoramas and Animations.
Ease of use, intuitive interface and powerful controls have made Artlantis must-have rendering software for over 75,000 architecture, design and urban design professionals in more than 80 countries.
They're both so unique, I can't tell them apart.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Dwight
Newcomer
Of course they messed up. Render does stills, Studio can do animations.

They are quick applications. Here is a five minute rendering where i am playing with the new texturing tools.

Five minutes for 1200 pixels.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
my try

well .. actually something to say , after a while of using Studio 2 and thinking that its much more slower ( compared to Artlantis Studio 1.2.6 ), i think its not true , but the thing is i need to re-work on the materials with the new mentality ( less reflections ..etc ) because with this version every thing looks better, even with reducing some of the settings .
ACCamera_81.jpg
Dwight
Newcomer
nice!

What setting did you use for the glazing??
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
IS ONLY A TOOL . LIKE A PENCIL. I,VE SEEN VERRY NICE PRESENTATIONS IN ARTLANTIS AND C4D TOO .

MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE SOFTWARE IS THE VISUAL COMPOSITION ABLILITIES .

THIS IS THE REASON I PREFFER ARTLANTIS : IS EASY TO MASTER AND HAVE SPEED SO I FOCUS ON THE ARCHITECTURAL ASPECT NOT ONLY THE PHOTOGRAPHIC DETAIL .

THE PHOTOGRAPHY CAN BE TRICKY AND MANIPULATE THE ARCHITECT TO A MEDIOCRE RESULT .
IN CONCLUSION IF YOU WANT TO HAVE THE TIME TO THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU RENDER GO FOR ARCHICAD+ARTLANTIS
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
nice!

What setting did you use for the glazing??

actually i am using water shader

unfortunately i haven't save the settings or the postcard , but usually i start with this postcard , and do some changes .. really nice one

http://www.archiradar.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=108&Itemid=28
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi whatever
i'm download this post card from archiradar but i don't know how i can load it to artlantis studio 2 and use it
explain please