Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

When shall we have such a feature in AC?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Recently installed Autocad 2006. There is a new feature I have wished for a long time - a built-in calculator!

This is the calculator I have always wanted - simple and showing all the operations I have done! I even installed some stand alone applications since the Windows calculator sucks.

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use the built-in calculator when I am working in MacOS. Very nice.

I don't use it much though so I haven't looked for a better Windows version.

For me it's not a priority in ArchiCAD. Perhaps you should post to the wish list so others can vote.
Erich
Contributor
Personally, I have never liked on screen type calculators. I would much rather use a physical calculator if I need one at all. Generally you can enter information much faster and more accurately - and they are platform independent
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erich wrote:
Personally, I have never liked on screen type calculators. I would much rather use a physical calculator if I need one at all. Generally you can enter information much faster and more accurately - and they are platform independent
True if you do a lot of calculations. For the odd occasions that I need one I don't want to lug around the extra kit. Besides I like to be able to copy/paste the result.
Jere
Expert
I use the Logitech DiNovo desktop. Any results that are obtained using the numberpad/calculator are stored on the clipboard. Can't get better than that for simple operations (+ - * / )
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660
Djordje
Ace
It is called ArchiCalc.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
__archiben
Booster
i copy/paste values to and from the dashboard calculator . . . no need to leave archicad: just squeeze the mouse

~/ben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
FYI The Windows Calculator can be changed to Scientific mode via the View menu, and values can be copy/pasted too.

Would be great if calculations could be done on the fly when entering coordinates, but that''s another story.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
kliment wrote:
Recently installed Autocad 2006. There is a new feature I have wished for a long time - a built-in calculator!

This is the calculator I have always wanted - simple and showing all the operations I have done! I even installed some stand alone applications since the Windows calculator sucks.

I want to suggest to use this one:

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboards/keyboard_mice_combos/devices/164&cl=us,en

I have nice experience with this one. You can put the numberblock separately on left side, you can change it in calculator function, and the best one:
you can put the number of result from calculator directly in AC, through ctrl+y.
Chazz
Enthusiast
Link wrote:
Would be great if calculations could be done on the fly when entering coordinates, but that''s another story.
Actually, I think this is THE story. Other page layout software had this in the early 90's. Why do you need to figure out what the new wall height is when you add 3'-11-3/4" to it rather than just typing the "+" sign in and putting in the value?

People, we're dealing with computers here. Adding and subtracting is something they LIKE to do.....
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current