Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad Crashing

Anonymous
Not applicable
archicad 11 just froze on me me i had to force quit and i loss about 7 hours of of work. is there anything i can do to reclaim this work. is there a backup stored some were.
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Autosave is on by default. When you restart ArchiCAD you should get a dialog asking if you want to open the autosaved file.

If you do not get this you may be out of luck, but you might still get it back after restarting the computer (I've seen this - rarely - on Windows machines). It's best to force quit (end task) the session in which you didn't get the option to open the autosaved file.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
agayle wrote:
archicad 11 just froze on me me i had to force quit and i loss about 7 hours of of work. is there anything i can do to reclaim this work. is there a backup stored some were.
There is a habit of just gettings your body to press CTRL-S every so often, like every half an hour or something. After you do it for a while it becomes almost automatic. This way in worst case you will always have a file with only a little work lost.
Of course that is only when autosave failed on you.

You know, you can even buy small macro utility programs that will do this for you. You can program it to invoke a certain key sequence in a certain program at certain time intervals.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
where can i purchase this software or should i say equipment
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Go to a shareware download site like http://www.download.com and search for "keyboard macro".
Here is a result page:

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tg=dl-20&qt=keyboard%20macro&tag=srch
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27