Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Project Phasing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to phase objects in a project? For instance, if I have a wall that is existing but needs to be demolished, how can i show it on one floor plan as dashed (demo) and on another plan as gone (new construction)? I have a feeling this has to do with the view map but I can't figure it out and the "help" isn't helping. Maybe I'm searching for the wrong keyword.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
By the way, I tried using layers to accomplish the task, but by placing interior walls on the A-DEMO layer, they no longer auto-heal with the exterior walls they are attached to.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would guess that the only practical way to do it is with layers. I would also turn the 3D visibility of the wall off.

Anssi
Eduardo Rolon
The number in front of the layer name controls how the objects autoheal. Walls in layers with the same number will clean up and walls in layers with different numbers will not.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

You need demo, existing and new layers (I use .d, .e, .n extensions) for construction elements, demo and new layers for annotations/dimensions, and demo (d+e) and new (e+n) layer combinations for views/drawings.

Running the 'Intersections in Layer Combinations' Add-On will give you a good starting point for the intersections. It goes over each layer combination and gives '1' priority to visible layers, '2' to invisible, so that you will never have visible walls intersecting with invisible walls or beams.

You may want to do further tweaking of the combo for subtleties like visible walls that you don't want to intersect, like perhaps existing exterior and new interior, but the add-on does most of the job at the click of a button and a small wait. Eliminating the further tweaking or reducing it to the absolute minimum is a good idea if you suspect that you will want to run the same file through the add-on again in the future, such as if you are still creating layers.