Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad vs Autodesk and Bentley Agreement

Anonymous
Not applicable
What do you think will be the impact of the recently anounced agreement between Autodesk and Bentley to share their APIs on the greater effort to support open standards like IFC that have proven more promising than proprietory formats. What will be the effect of this to the graphisoft/vico community in terms of supporting interoperability issues in the future.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks like a move by the big guys to bury the competition. Interoperablity between Autodesk and Bentley makes IFC much less viable in the market place.

I'd be happy to be wrong, and find out that everybody will be invited to join the party. But even then I doubt that the peons would get to sit at the main table.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there any good news one can share about future of GraphiSoft & ArchiCad, kind of tired of all negative thoughts?
Thanks,
Joseph
Rakela Raul
Participant
Is there any good news one can share about future of GraphiSoft & ArchiCad, kind of tired of all negative thoughts?
Thanks,
Joseph
same durn here......sick of it
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
ArchiCAD 12 is very fast and has some cool new features. Just how cool will depend on who you are and what you do. I am very please with the partial structure display myself.

I believe that GS has some stuff coming along in the next couple versions that will be very cool. Could even be game changing, but I don't know enough to be sure and can't even say what little I do know (sorry ) Maybe I'm not even supposed to say that much. Ooops?

I think GS still has some strong opportunities if they can take advantage of them. What I'd really like to hear is Nemetschek's game plan (assuming they have one).

On the other hand if Bush and company decide to attack Iran the backlash against buying American products could be a big boost.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
.........Could even be game changing..........
Coming from a Senior member makes a rookie feel a lot better no jumping off ship, keep it coming.
Thanks,
Joseph
Rick Thompson
Expert
Archicad is the only solution worth considering (actually, probably the only one:) on a Mac, which happens to be the fastest growing platform, and the most progressive computer company. That counts for a lot in my book, so I have no worries AC will be around, and continue growing.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Rakela Raul
Participant
Archicad is the only solution worth considering (actually, probably the only one:) on a Mac, which happens to be the fastest growing platform, and the most progressive computer company. That counts for a lot in my book, so I have no worries AC will be around, and continue growing
yesterday a bought a macbookpro and ac12 ROCKS !!!!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Rod Jurich
Contributor
Rakela wrote:
/......
yesterday a bought a macbookpro and ac12 ROCKS !!!!
Guess you will want to update your sig now, Raul
Welcome to the club.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I love to watch those two cpu core stacks in the activity monitor nicely jumping up and down next to each other... It must be a beautiful symphony to see four of them grunting away in a Mac Pro... one day I'd say.
::rk