Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Fills

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to have a different wall fill for the plan and section views?

AC11, AC12 etc etc....

Mike
10 REPLIES 10
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Not different fills for the same wall, as such.

You can use the model view options to change the appearance of cut fills in each saved view, but that is limited to empty, solid, etc.

Short of using different walls on different layers (ughhh), or using drafting fills (ughhh again) I don't think it's possible. What are you trying to achieve specifically?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to show a 45º hatch on the floor plan at 1:100, but in the 1:20 sections I want to show the 190mm blockwork coursing.

Forever we have just been setting the wall's fill to the 45º hatch and then using a fill in the sections, but huge uurrrgghhhhhhhh!!!!

Thanks for your response.

Mike
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Right, so you're taking the drafting fills route. Ughhh.

Well as you know, the Cut Fill is set under the wall's 'Floor Plan and Section' panel, so until GS decides to split these panels into Floor Plan, and Section, I think you're SOL.

You could try posting a poll and seeing what kind of reaction you get? I'm sure you're not the only one who's frustrated by it.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Which way would you do it?

Mike
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I'd leave it as the 45º fill!

(And show the bricking coursing in the (2D) details only).

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers.

Mike
Dwight
Newcomer
Link wrote:
you're not the only one who's frustrated by it.
Link.
aye aye.
Dwight Atkinson
cremsberg
Participant
I was just looking for answers to this same question of mine (different wall fills and plan & section) and am discouraged to hear that I must also resort to 2D fills in section. I will add to wish list if not already there.
Claire Remsberg

Remsberg Architecture, P.A.

MacBook Pro, OSX 12.6, ArchiCAD v25 (5010)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try some of these older ones -

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=32762

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=3884

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=1642

Make a comment and bump them to the top again!

Practically speaking I guess the way it would work would be that the override fill must occur on the purely symbolic plan, whilst a section is a 'true' representation of what is actually modelled and therefore must display the fill representing the actual material.

I'm just thinking out loud, but would an extra 'overlay' fill on the section solve the problem better? i.e. Display the original material fill on both plan and section, but have an extra fill with an adjustable origin that could be used to display the coursing. I don't quite know what would happen with irregular courses or junctions with floors, mind you, but that would have to be sorted out with the original wish also!