Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

place external drawing max file size

Anonymous
Not applicable
When placing an external drawing, photoshop .PSD, any file size over about 50 MB apperas as a black rectangle in the drawing frame on the layout sheet. If I reduce the PSD file size to say 46MB it appears fine. Is there a limit on the file size that ArchiCAD can managed?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Thomas Holm
Booster
simonblencowe wrote:
s there a limit on the file size that ArchiCAD can managed?
Apparently you've found it!

But a 50MB bit-mapped image is HUGE. There are several ways to reduce it without compromizing it's content. You should be able to join all layers in Photoshop and then save it as a PDF or a TIFF before dragging it into Archicad. You could also test reducing it's resolution.

This should make the file more manageable for Archicad without changing it's appearance.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Are we still stuck on that 4048 pixels wide limitation?

It is very hit and miss for me. Dumbing down the resolution will eventually work...

Now... How about PDF inserted into a Layout (full size from consultant)... All look fine in the file, but some will just NOT PRINT... frustrating... Have to convert to TIFF then dumb down resolution to work.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
If your not doing it already you might want to convert to 16 bit or higher and do as much as you can at that setting before messing with sizing.
Although going down in res usually is not a problem, it's only a one second switch, and you just might end up with a better final image.
And finally go back to all the simplification after that to get file size down again.
Bier