Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

changing attributes of multiple object types

Anonymous
Not applicable
I find that I often want to select a collection of objects (such as lines, arcs, & polylines) amd change their attibutes - pen layer, linetype. IT appears that AC will only change one type at a time which so I have to select each type separately to change them.

Is that the onbly option or is there a way to make AC apply the changes to everything selected? thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Chris wrote:
I find that I often want to select a collection of objects (such as lines, arcs, & polylines) amd change their attibutes - pen layer, linetype. IT appears that AC will only change one type at a time which so I have to select each type separately to change them.

Is that the onbly option or is there a way to make AC apply the changes to everything selected? thanks.
Hi
Mark the items and then through the menu: "Edit->Element selection set->Edit selection set" will help you a little.
/M
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Anonymous
Not applicable
perfect! that does it. I hoped there was a way somehow. you just saved me much time and frustration - thanks!
Stress Co_
Advisor
Or use the "edit selection set" shortcut: (Hammer in a square icon, in the Info Box).
Picture 0.png
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)