Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Save Photorendering Settings for re-use?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there anyway to save all the settings you create when producing a rendered image? What I have been doing is taking screen shots of the Photorendering settings window when I get a rendering I like, but this takes a lot of time. Anyone else have any tips on saving settings for producing renderings?

thank you in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
Djordje
Ace
mousechamp wrote:
Is there anyway to save all the settings you create when producing a rendered image? What I have been doing is taking screen shots of the Photorendering settings window when I get a rendering I like, but this takes a lot of time. Anyone else have any tips on saving settings for producing renderings?

thank you in advance!
Open the Help file, search for Views.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Erich
Contributor
As Djordje hinted, once you get a rendering style you like save it as a view. In the view settings you can decide whether to have the view open as a GDL view or a rendered view. Unfortunately this is not the most intuitive way to go about things but it does work...

HTH
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Djordje
Ace
Erich wrote:
As Djordje hinted, once you get a rendering style you like save it as a view. In the view settings you can decide whether to have the view open as a GDL view or a rendered view. Unfortunately this is not the most intuitive way to go about things but it does work...
It is quite OK if you know about it. And you do if you have read the help and the manual.

BTW ... not the GDL view. You probabky wanted to write OpenGL view? The options are really 3D window, that can be OpenGL or Internal Engine, and Photorendering window.

Yes, the view saves the settings of the 3D window as well as the Photorendering settings, since version 8.1.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Erich
Contributor
Djordje,

Yes, I meant OpenGL, thanks for the correction.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K