Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Bug in Library Part

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is Lav Flat Back-Oval 12 - a sink. It draws a circle behind it which cannot be removed. I have the updated library.
10 REPLIES 10
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Kliment:

It is ok here. It looks like the circle that represents the drain is being moved. Looking at the 2D Script, I cannot see why or how this would occur.

David
Lav-Flat-Back-Oval-12.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Rick Thompson
Expert
I have noticed this too. My circle is not off set like your. It will move around by changing parameters.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe you used the parameter transfer function (ctrl+alt+click on the icon) from another basin?

This might have transferred the coordinates of connection 3, which may have been correct for the original basin, but are now incorrect for the new one.

Does resetting the part help?

It's just a thought - I haven't checked to see if this could happen!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kliment,

Yes it is a bug.
For a temporarily fix, goto Line 43 of 2D script

Delete < add2 -a/2,-b >
Replace with < add2 -0.3, -0.508 >

This fixes X position. Y position is not perfect, because the fragment2 layer is out of scale, which leads to a mess in case of deformation. Only GS knows the original settings they have used.
Anyways, this can solve temporarily your problem.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
The Lav Flat Back-Oval 12.gsm in my library is dated 14 Oct 08 and was changed for the MEP add on, so we may be looking at different versions of the same part. The relevant part of the 2D Script is:
add2 0,b/0.475903*(0.125-0.075/2)
drawindex 40
CIRCLE2 0, 0, 0.03
del 1

at line 102 after the Minimum Space fill is placed.

Perhaps this will get fixed when the revised ArchiCAD 12 Library is released.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David,

The Lav Flat Back-Oval 12.gsm of the INT library is dated 29 Oct 2008 and has the MEP add on changes.
It must be differences betweeen INT and US versions, because line 102 is completely different from your.

Waiting for a revision.

The erratic location of circle (INT) appears when resizing the part.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Olivier wrote:
It must be differences betweeen INT and US versions, because line 102 is completely different from your.
Olivier:

But Rick (in the USA) is reporting the same bug. I cannot reproduce this bug with the object in my library, I have tried changing the "A" and "B" parameters, I don't see any other length parameters to change.

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
But Rick (in the USA) is reporting the same bug. I cannot reproduce this bug with the object in my library, I have tried changing the "A" and "B" parameters, I don't see any other length parameters to change.
David, could it be that you have the MEP add on installed and Rick not?
I'm out of ideas.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Olivier wrote:
David, could it be that you have the MEP add on installed and Rick not?
Olivier:

Perhaps. Does someone using MEP with the INT library have this problem?

David
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture