Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Problem with custom door panel

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
Maybe some good people helps me
So, from slab tool I create custom door panel, after this I hitting next:

And here I have 2 ways of my problem:
1. I can't load my custom door from my library

2. The door panel loading normally, I can place them to my project, BUT then I save and exit my drawing, and again load it. Custom panels gone in my library .GDL file existing, but I can't load it.
Maybe You have some words for my problem

P.S. Sorry for my english
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kesc wrote:
Hello,
Hi Kesc,

Have you tried to reload your library?
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
I was getting this warning message as well -- I believe there's something buggy with the Macro -- see this post
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Karl Ottenstein
I can confirm the bug in the US version of that part. As Laura says, the bug is deep in the macros called by the door - which means it is likely present in other doors as well.

Debgging macros is an insanely crazy task - one which GS should do for us.

Here is a quick fix ('kludge') to let you continue your work:

With one D1 11 door placed, select it, then File > Libraries and Objects > Open Object

Click on the button that says "Parameter Script" in the GDL editor.

At the very botom of the code that is there, type:
gs_cust_p = "norge_panel"
where 'norge_panel' is whatever name you used to save your custom panel (you show two different names in your screenshot). Do not include the ".gsm" part of the file name, only the prefix.

Now, File > Save As and give this door a name like Custom Norge Door 11 and save it in your project (or company) library, which is where the panel itself should be.

This is now a parametric one-off door of sorts. It will always use your one custom panel whenever you select 'Custom Panel', and you can set the other parameters as needed.

If you want to only generate doors with your Norge custom panel, you could disable the panel control before saving your custom version:

Click the Parameters button in the GDL editor, scroll down the parameter list until you see the 'Door Panel' parameter. Set it to 'Custom Panel' and click the "X" button at the left of the line to hide this parameter (in its state, locked to 'custom').

Gross workaround, but it lets you finish your project. 😉

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
adytc wrote:
Kesc wrote:
Hello,

Hi Kesc,

Have you tried to reload your library?

Hi,
Yes I try reload my library many times. But... it not loading custom door, and I have many times pusch buton "continue" then program duplicating library parts.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl,
Yes, in screen shoots are different door names, because I tryed many times create this door panel, and I think take different screen shoots in my example
In library I named door for example "custom norvege door. gdl" then I searching this file not in Archicad 11, Ever OK, but then I try load it to my project, its not loading... maybe I something not understand properly
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there,
I fixed my problem, maybe for others it's be useful.
So, I deleted all custom door panels from my libraries and recreated new one, after that every thing works (so long) thanks people for trying help. Here some picture how it's look now