BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad is disappearing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad is sometimes disappearing, when switching in between to toher software. The only thing that stays activated ist the dock icon with the blue dot benath the icon.

If I switch to Archicad via the dock icon the last activates software still stays in front (nothing happens). If I use the activity-monitor it shows me Archicad still running.

I tried a lot but nothing works to get my archicad back. If I try to exit the software via the dock icon and a right click with the mouse it gives me a short "bing" and nothings else happens (seems to be a message such as "would you like to save your work?").

During the work with Archicad "Spaces" from MAC OS X was activated, might it come from an error in interaction with spaces?

Can anybody help me? I need my Archicad-Window back.

thank you
greetings from germany
Matthias Haun

Archicad-wherehaveyougone.png
6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon
AC is not disappearing, when you switch back from another application if you have a lot of windows open in AC you have to wait until it regenerates the front most window. If an elevation, section or 3D window is the one AC selects and the project is complex it will take a while. To test this try it with switching back and forth with an empty project with lot of windows opened and a complex project with only the floor plan window open.
I am assuming that you are using 12 which is faster than 11 and 11 is slower than 10.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
My problem is that the Archicad-Windows are not visible on the screen. It seems to be running in the background, but it is not possible for me to see it! I´m waitng now for about 1,5 h!

And the project is not so big, that it should take more than a few seconds to switch between the windows. I actually worked with it, looked after something on the web (safari) and then tried to switch back to Archicad. At this point the only thing I can see from Archicad is the dock-icon and the process in the activity-software.

help me!
Eduardo Rolon
How many AC windows you have open?If a lot it will take a while to switch.
Are you using Spaces? if so assign AC to 1 space only. Start closing all other programs to see if AC has an open dialog box that is waiting for input.
Have you tried using Exposé to see if you can select one window?
In Activity Monitor is AC using processor and memory (the numbers move up or down)? If they are it means that AC is doing something if it is not changing or it is red it means that it has "hung".
_____
If nothing above works, 1.5 hrs waiting is a long time it looks like you will have to force quit the application.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is only my 2-D and 3-D view opened. And when I´m normally working with AC it doesn't take more than 2 or 3 seconds to switch between the windows or even between other programs.

My system is still running very fluent, I can't feel anything in the background taking to much resources.

Archicad has gone somewhere, all the palettes and every thing else is gone! And switching back to Archicad (clicking the dock icon) does nothing.
Eduardo Rolon
Then it looks like you are going to have to Force Quit AC.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you

greetings to puerto rico!
Learn and get certified!