BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

My Boathouse Hotlinked it's self into it's self

Anonymous
Not applicable
What do you think about that?

Is there a quick key that you can accidently hit?

I don't understand how we "accidntally" did this.
The file was wonderful oneday, and the next we opened the .pln file we were in before, and the whole file had become a hotlinked module with-in it's self.

And it wasn't like there was a hotlink of the file, as well as the original file information. Just the entire model had turned into a hotlink, and was in the hotlink manager with the .pln file name but as a module.

We discovered that we could just break the link and life was good again.

Just curious if this has happened to anyone else, or if anyone knows why it happened?
3 REPLIES 3
Thomas Holm
Booster
I don't have Archicad handy at the moment, but I seem to recall that the current master file (the one you're in) is always at the top in AC12's Hotlink manager's hierarchical hotlink list.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Tom.
Yes, you're right, it is, however that isn't a module it seems just to be the top of the tree that the modules will be under.
so I had the filename at the top there, and then underneith it was my hotlinked boathouse.
Nick Schat
Participant
The file was wonderful oneday, and the next we opened the .pln file we were in before, and the whole file had become a hotlinked module with-in it's self.
It sounds like a nested module problem, correct me if I'm wrong.

I recently experienced a similar problem in AC10 where I have the mainfile linked into the module file for reference purposes. As long as you have the skip nested module checked this works fine.

The problem occurred while having a module selected & right mouse clicking to update module it switched off the checkmark to skip nested modules all by itself. However when I updated the modules via hotlink manager all remains sweet. I suspect a bug??

Regards
Nick

ArchiCAD 4.1–22, Mac OS 10.14.x iMac 27" 3,2Ghz Intel-Core i5
Learn and get certified!