BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

!Restored: Sketchup to Archicad - library parts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I was told that it is easy to bring in Sketchup library objects into ArchiCAd. Just requires one step!!!

I haven't succeeded so far - Anyone have any ideas?

R
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
Carl, how did u do that
Can u try with other object, create anything in Sk3tchup and try againg, PLZ
Hmm. My earlier post was wrong / backwards as far as the 2D symbol. Sorry! 😞

I tried a park bench and a bed using SU components - and each had triangularization lines in the 2D symbol after the merge 😞

The bench had no triangularization when imported as 3DS. Just repeated with the sawhorse, and it is indeed the merge that shows the triangularization lines.

Karl

I hate this triangular lines !

Thx Karl for ur time !
Now that the SketchUp AC12 converter is available (haven't seen any announcement), may be time to resurrect this thread. I have tried it, and the triangulation is pretty bad, and the orientation is rotated. What seems to work the best is to import into SketchUp, then save as .3DS file. Then use the Import 3DS Add-on to convert to AC library part. I am not clear why the SketchUp converter can't just do all this in one step. Am I missing something?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I checked and the ArchICAD website still says coming soon for the sketch-up plugin for version 12. Am I missing something? Is there somewhere else to get the plugin?
Looks like they pulled it. It wasn't ready for prime time, anyway.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I did find the importer via the google earth, but it can only import sketch-up 6 and there are issues with all of the planes being triangulated.

hopefully they will get the sketchup 7 importer working soon & corretly. We find sketchup very usefull here as a concept design and object creation tool, but without the ability to bring the content into ArchiCAD cleanly it's not as helpfull as it could be.

Thanks
http://www.graphisoft.com/products/archicad-solutions/su_plugin_download.html

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Learn and get certified!